Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An explanation of my absence, Morgan Freeman, and a "new" song for Ryan

The critics are out in full (aka two very nice people), which is great, because after months of listening to Driscoll I finally feel like I am getting some type of reaction from his constantly mentioned "bloggers."

Did I just make that jump? Really?

I did. It is a new blog, and it is going to be bold...with the same old spelling errors...



As for my explanation, not a defense, because I dont need one of those, it breaks down as follows.

I have had mono for the last week and a half. I recently told someone it is strangely reminicent of the last time i completely shaved my face. First I shaved a mustache, and realized that though it made my heart really glad...the world just wasnt ready...so I got rid of it all. In this case the scenario is just that at first I ended up with a sore throat, and then threw up a bunch and ended up in the ER.

Those things arent anything alike...yet...

Mono - takes 4-6 weeks to get over.
Shaving - takes 4-6 weeks to grow back

Mono - your breath is really bad and people look at you like a sick person
Shaving- people just look at you like a sick person

Mono - "people" cant kiss you
Shaving - "people" wont kiss you

See what I mean?

My life has then broken down into about two parts -
A. Things that are not blog worthy.
B. Things that are not blog appropriate.

And lets not forget, I was really sick there for a few days, so even such things the really funny nurse in the ER got put on the back burner until I was feeling better.

-------------------------------------------------------


Morgan Freeman -

After watching Evan Almighty - which might get a post to itself, or at least a post about the movies i have watched while i was sick - I am once again in love with the man. Why? He is AWESOME.

Who else can do what he does...which is SOLVE EVERY PROBLEM IN EVERY MOVIE HE IS IN.
And do it with a really cool voice. Heck, he even fixed the penguins just by narrating in The March of the Penguins, without him, they could have been lost forever.

While watching LA ink last night, which I am accepting money to fly out there in case anyone was wondering, I saw it... A sleeve - dedicated to him, and all of his amazing characters in their sweet suits. It should be good.


----------------------------------------

Ryan Burns. listen to this. it has ..."helped" with the mono.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzDenAvI8tY




-------


now that post should make everyone happy.




much love
d

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously... did you actually think I'd listen to the link... Mr. Cowles, you don't know me at all.

drew cowles said...

do it

Anonymous said...

ryan has an incredible talent for not succumbing to things like this. I'm not sure if it's a simple lack of curiosity or stubbornness. I however, am pretty much incapable resisting....curiosity consumes me. that being said, i don't know if song could become an earworm. it's not even catchy, just lame on top of lame. Good try though.

congrats on the return. I look forward to a movie review.