Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apples.

Today I went on a picnic. I had some apples, the red kind, and I didnt eat all of them. I ended up having two left over. I couldnt really think of whether or not I was hungry, and seeing as the birds started to literally poop all around me - one pooped on the blanket, then one on my shoulder - I decided it was time to go.

On the way to the mall to pick up a really needed new pair of shoes we saw a man in need of some change. I called to him out of the window and asked if he wanted an apple.

"Yea man...I like apples..."

"Ok well I dont have any change, but you can have it."

As he backed away I realized I should give him the second one as well. So I offered and he took it.


No new shoes, just a new appreciation for the fact that God provides, enough to help provide for others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very touching post... unfortunately, I am very immature and have to comment on the fact that a bird pooped on you...

Dude, a bird pooped on you.