Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Flinch

Today it became very apparent to me that all I do now as I wander the universe is look for things to blog about.

Example - I keep track of the things that Ryan Burns says that makes me laugh - i.e. advice such as "well you should punch him in the face..."
- I keep track of little things that are out of place - i.e. Ryan Burns picking me up on the wrong side of the street
- My thoughts on life in a larger scale - i.e. What does it mean to pack up a family and move? (see The Burns)
- The fact that I keep typing Ryan Burns, hoping that magically Ryan Burns will suddenly turn into one of those fancy hyperlinks that teleports you to his blog, but it doesnt work.

-----

As we rode home today a Police SUV sped up behind us. As the lights got closer and closer the siren slowly just screemed, "BloooOOOooooggggg BBBBlllllooooOOOOoooooGGGGgggg." (again see the scene in Lord of War when the gun shots turn into cash register noises). To my great dismay the lights passed.

When I told Ryan Burns (see, still no hyperlink) this, he mused (a nice word for sarcastically mocked me) about the fact that I wanted him to get a ticket for the sake of my blog.

-------


Fast forward a few miles to Cary and Boulevard. This is where the joke was on me. Earlier that day Ryan shot me with a rubber band and I decided now would be a good time to shoot him back. So I shot him in the hand. Nothing happened, and honestly I was kind of dissapointed. I turned to my right, and threw my gum out of the window into a huge bush where I felt like it wouldnt bother anything.

As I turned back I saw Ryan's hand. In terror I threw up my left arm to block a punch the the arm/chest/face etc. I flinched. BAD.

Ryan, who coincedentally was reaching for the steering wheel, started laughing immediately. He is one of the people that really laughs. Ashley, Mac, Sarah, Mr. Thurston, Dave Ryan, Big Tom (my dad), Little Debbie (my mom) and all the Jen or Jenns I know also fit that description.


"So we both just got a blog entry at my expense didnt we?"


d

No comments: