Thursday, September 20, 2007

songs and sayings from childhood

One of my more dedicated readers told me today that I had not posted in a while. I have been lazy, and comments were low (as in 0) on my last post, so I was down.

Well guess what - here I am. Whoa freakin whooooo....

Clearly very tired, and I just spent an hour on the porch with a couple guys that were walking by looking for cigs so we sat and talked for over an hour. They were from W+M and were down in richmond picking up a DVD of 40 min of footage (condensed down from 26 hours) from their AIDS awareness teaching in Tanzania. Cool eh? So I asked myself, and prayed to God that I could share the Gospel with them. It became very evident that I should give them one of the dvds I made from the Ukraine trip, so I did. Who knows what will come of that. Praise God for the Handy Mart being closed.


--------


My mom used to say a few things when I was young that still come back to me -


Be patient, be patient, dont be in such a hurry
When you are impatient you only start to worry
Remember, Remember, that God is patient too
And think of all the times that other had to wait on you

- that was a song she sang me. And I have a sneaking suspicion that I spelled patient wrong (or like a doctors client) but meh, I cant spell. MEH thats right.





Here is another classic -

Where are we going?
Crazy

Ok who doesnt hate that? Case closed.






Eh those are really the only two I can think of. So this is a big crappy blog to bring them back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I would like to hear the song

2. My parents loved the second one, except it was, "crazy, wanna come?" but I of course (being a nerd) thought it was just hilarious. Every 100,000 millionth time....I even giggled just now.

Jen said...

Apparently you haven't heard the best part of that song about patience (btw, you did spell patient right--it's the noun that is more readily confused with medical patients).

The song is from the Agapeland Music Machine, which we had on a record when I was little. That's right, a record. I am that old.

You can hear the chorus here:
http://www.agapelandmusic.us/MusicClips/Samples/Music_Machine/Fruit_of_the_Spirit/06-Patience_Herbert_the_Snail.mp3

But here's the rest of the story:
There was a snail called Herbert
Who was so very slow
He caused a lot of traffic jams wherever he would go
The ants were always getting mad
And the beetles they would fume
But Herbert always poked along and sang this little tune

Have patience, have patience.
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient,
You only start to worry.
Remember, remember
That God is patient, too.
And think of all the times when others
have to wait for you!


When Herbert was much younger
He often got in trouble
Forgetting that he was a snail
He did things on the double
He crashed through every spiderweb
With crickets he'd collide
Till one day Herbert's father took his speeding son aside

Have patience...

As you can well imagine there's a moral to this tale
Some of you might find yourselves behind a creeping snail
But if you are impatient and are easily disturbed
Just think about this little song
And take a tip from Herb:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!